Saturday, March 27, 2010

Watching from the window

It's only been a day but I feel like I've done so much. Met up with some people at Taco Mac in Alpharetta last night. Had a very interesting Harpoon beer that tasted link ginger...(mental note: don't order that one again)...Had a super yummy shrimp, avocado, jalapeno, feta salad with an oil and vinaigrette dressing.  Then had to drive to Dawsonville to get the kids from Mom's. By the time we got home it was midnight...so, no gym for me )-:

Woke up this morning at 7:30, which is WAY early for me. Went in to work for the garage party event. Ate 6 chicken minis (yes, 6!). Then back home to get Rylan and Teagan to go to football signups. Shawn cut grass and did edging. While he did that I took Rylan to baseball pictures. They told us to be there 15 minute early. They were running at least 30 minutes behind. I felt like I was there FOREVER. Teagan played tag with the baseball team...she thought she was something special.

Came back home...while Shawn was finishing up on the yard I started spraying round up. We discussed our gardening plans for this year. I think we might expand it. Add a little more than tomatoes and garlic. Maybe some okra, cucumbers, squash, eggplant...and maybe an herb garden on the deck.

Oh...The house across the street from us has been for sale since November 2008. I always watch from my living room window. Lots of lookers. Over the last year and a half... Several a day.  I had noticed that there had been the same cars coming and going a lot lately. I kept hoping it was sold. But the for sale sign was still in the yard. I had convinced myself that they must be doing repairs on the house. It was a foreclosure so it needed some love. But to my GREAT surprise the sign was finally gone yesterday!!! Hooray! I'm not sure exactly which people are moving and and which are there to just help. There looks to be several kids. That makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment